It is important to take care of your hot tub throughout the year as to ensure the system’s longevity. This is especially important when the season changes from the warmth of summer into the chilling cold of winter. Here are the easy steps that you must take to ensure that your hot tub is safely prepared for the winter.
If you are not going to be using your hot tub throughout the winter, there are 5 simple steps that you should take to shut down and winterize your Beachcomber hot tub:
1. Ensure all electrical components are turned off, including the breaker.
2. Drain the tub. Be sure to open all jets and control valves before doing this.
3. Turn on the blowers in order to clear the plumbing lines. Things caught in the plumbing lines can cause unwanted clogs, which can be easily avoided by completing this step.
4. Clean and dry the shell. Drying the shell is to ensure that no unwanted substances or smell begin to form inside the tub throughout the winter.
5. Put the cover on and secure it.
For those who do want to use their hot tub throughout the winter, there is a different set of rules:
1. Stock up on sanitizer for the winter. You don’t want to run out of these. Continue to replenish chemicals throughout use,
2. Keep an eye on your tub water level. If your water freezes over, damage can be done to the heater and pumps. Ensure that a temperature is maintained to avoid this freezing and consequential damage.
3. When your tub is not in use, put on the cover and secure it.
Beachcomber hot tubs can be used throughout the winter as long as they are properly cared for. These high quality and durable hot tubs can provide you with comfort and relaxation that you desire throughout any season! If you are interested in purchasing a Beachcomber hot tub, call Canadian Home Leisure at 905.430.9965 today or visit us at our location on 1515 Hopkins St in Whitby!