Everyone loves a good roast and if you’ve got a backyard smoker and a slab of pork shoulder lying around, you can make one yourself. Here’s a recipe you can use to cook up a juicy pork shoulder in one of Canadian Home Leisure’s smokers.
This recipe is a simple smoked pork recipe that only involves the meat, some spices, and the pork itself. No fumbling around with injections, tools, or wrapping to have it come out perfectly tender during a fun backyard barbeque.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 8-10 pound bone-in pork shoulder roast AKA Boston butt
2-3 tablespoons yellow mustard
¼ cup sweet BBQ rub
1 tablespoon of sweet BBQ rub (for later use)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F (107 degrees C) for indirect smoking.
- Remove your roast from packaging and wipe it down on all sides with paper towels. Clean off all small bone fragments and extra liquid on the exterior.
- Slather entire exterior of the pork shoulder with yellow mustard.
- Season your pork roast on all sides, top and bottom, with the BBQ rub. Do not worry about rubbing seasoning in; just ensure that pork is liberally coated.
- Place seasoned roast on smoker fat side up. Place it in the middle of the grate to avoid direct hotspots.
- Close the lid and smoke pork until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 195 degrees F (90 degrees C). If you like softer pork, you can cook it up to 210 degrees F (98 degrees C). This process can take anywhere between 15-20 hours depending on the consistency of heat in your smoker and the size of your pork shoulder.
- Remove pork shoulder from smoker and wrap tightly in foil. Allow roast to rest for at least an hour before shredding.
- Pull apart the shoulder and discard any chunks of fat or gristle. Sprinkle the roast with an additional tablespoon of BBQ rub.
- Serve and enjoy.
A backyard smoker can make some of the most delicious meals and BBQ for you, your family, and guests. Canadian Home Leisure is your best source for name brand indoor and outdoor furniture and amenities. Impress your neighbors with culinary delights and delicacies with your new smoker from Canadian Home Leisure.
If you want your own smoker contact Canadian Home Leisure at 905.430.9965 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.