Now, if you’re a serious grill master, barbequing in the winter is feasible; but, with the warm weather upon us, barbecuing in this great weather is practically a requirement. Taking your food prep to your outdoor grill comes with so many benefits, such as:
- Reduces your fat consumption. Grilling the meat causes much of the excess fat to drip off the grates, which means you’re consuming a leaner meat.
- Vegetables, especially those with low water content, retain more of their vitamins and minerals when grilled.
- BBQ’s also encourage spending time outdoors. With the food being prepared outdoors, those you’re preparing it for are more likely to come outside and engage in outdoor activities (e.g. throwing a frisbee or kicking a soccer ball).
To help realize the above benefits, we have created this guide to assist you in deciding the best barbeque for your lifestyle!
Look at Your Needs
Understanding your cooking needs is central to choosing your ideal barbecue. To determine these needs, consider the following factors:
- How Many Are You Cooking For?
Do you just plan on barbecuing for yourself or your family or is cooking for larger gatherings in the plan for the new BBQ?
- What Do You Plan on Cooking?
The type of food you plan on cooking also plays into your ideal grill. If you’re cooking an elaborate roast, you may want to consider a barbecue with a rotisserie and if side dishes will commonly grace your BBQ, a side burner may be in order.
- How Much Available Space Do You Have?
For instance, a larger outdoor patio space can potentially accommodate an entire outdoor kitchen, if space is used wisely. On the other hand, freestanding or tabletop models are also available to accommodate smaller space or if you’re looking for greater mobility.
Choose the Fuel Type
At Canadian Home Leisure, we offer you a wide assortment of both gas and charcoal barbecues, so you can enjoy your preferred cooking style. To learn more about the differences between a gas and charcoal grill, check out our blog Charcoal vs Gas Grill: Which One’s Right for You?.